Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jerry Sloan resigns as Utah Jazz head coach


I was at the Jazz-Thunder game where Russell Westbrook torched Deron Williams, and the Jazz lost 121-105, the first time I've ever attended a Jazz loss.

After the Jazz lost to the Bulls, I realized that after the Jazz's 15-5 start, they'd gone 16-18. Something needed to change.

But I was thinking trade. I never thought Jerry Sloan would just resign mid-season. Now Tyrone Corbin is the new head coach, and it's his job to get the Jazz a higher playoff seed than seventh, which is where they'd be if the playoffs started today.

I'm glad Ty Corbin was there in th wings to take over; I'm looking forward to see what he can do with this team. At the same time, it's strange. I moved to Utah in 1989, and Jerry Sloan has been the coach the entire time.

No comments: