Monday, February 28, 2011

Jazz go 1-2 in Harris/Favors era

- I didn't think the Jazz were going to beat the Celtics. It wound up being frustrating that they came so close only to have a couple bad calls and miracle Ray Allen shots help the Celts squeak out the 107-102 win.

- I do think this team still has a chance to make the playoffs. They're now 10th in the West at 32-29, but two teams above them - Denver and Memphis - could falter. I think Portland getting Gerald Wallace for nothing will keep them in the playoffs, and Phoenix has been playing too well of late.

- Harris isn't going to be the assist machine that Deron Williams was, but when I look at D-Will's box scores in New Jersey (0-3 in their D-Will era), his shot is still off and I don't think the Jazz's record would be any better. Harris seems more willing to run an up-tempo offense.

- Raja Bell has been a disappointment all year. They signed him as a veteran to contribute to a team fighting for home-court advantage. His skills are diminished, and the Jazz should recommit to the youth movement and trade him in the off-season. Part of me hopes they sign another 2-guard, one more consistant than Bell or Miles or Price. Such a 2-guard is likely not available.

- In tonight's loss, Gordon Hayward looked good and Bell did not, and I was disappointed when coach Corbin put Bell back in in the fourth. I say start Miles at the 2 and give Hayward serious time at the 2 and 3. I'd also like to see them find a way to get Favors more time but it depends on which of Jefferson or Millsap is having the off-night.

I guess my ideal would be Harris, Miles, Kirilenko, Millsap, Jefferson, with the bench minutes going to Hayward, Watson, Favors and Bell. Nine-man rotation. I don't foresee a reason beyond foul trouble to play Price or Fesenko again. (What will they do when Okur's healthy enough to return?)

- Sad to see Al Jefferson's 28-point 17-rebound night go to waste.

No comments: