Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jazz sign Josh Howard

I would have been over the moon for this deal two years ago.  It's still a good deal.  A lot can change the next few days, but this is how I see their rotation:

PG - Devin Harris
SG - Gordon Hayward
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Al Jefferson

Bench:
PG - Earl Watson, Jamaal Tinsley
SG - Raja Bell, Alec Burks
SF - CJ Miles
PF - Derrick Favors, Jeremy Evans
C - Mehmet Okur, Enes Kanter

That's 14 guys.  I've heard Paul Carter might make this team too, and they could still decide to cut Tinsley (non-guaranteed) and still with Harris & Watson, as Burks can play some point too.

I think it's just as likely Bell will start at SG and Hayward at SF with Howard coming off the bench.  I'd like to see Favors start over Millsap, but he has to earn it.  Fans are viewing this as a development season for Hayward, Favors, Kanter and Burks, but the coaching staff isn't going to approach it that way.  They want to win.

No comments: