Monday, December 15, 2008

Kings fire Reggie Theus

I could understand firing PJ Carlesimo from the Thunder or Randy Whittman from the Timberwolves. I thought the firings of Sam Mitchell and Eddie Jordan were premature, but I guess I could see where they're coming from. But Reggie Theus getting whacked in Sacramento doesn't make sense to me. What have the Maloof brothers done to help Theus make it a winning team besides trade away Ron Artest for nothing? Is it part of a conspiracy to keep the Kings losers so they can try again to move the team to Las Vegas? No NBA season has ever seen five coaches whacked this early. Does this mean Marc Iavaroni (Grizzlies) and Mike Dunleavy (Clippers) whould start coming up with exit strategies? Just how comfortable is Larry Brown in Charlotte now that Jason Richardson is gone?

Even though the injury-riddled Jazz are only 15-10, may I once again make the case that it's a crime Jerry Sloan, who's only had one losing season in his twenty with the Jazz, has never won Coach of the Year?

No comments: